Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To provide a range of analytical solutions and results to business & key stakeholders by analyzing data, building models and correctly interpreting the results
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Drive the process of identifying business requirements for complex projects / solutions
- Obtain information and engage with colleagues across the greater business to understand the business unit, its processes and its applications.
- Use appropriate techniques such as brainstorming, document analysis, focus groups, requirements workshops and prototyping, etc. to elicit complete and accurate requirements.
- Specify and document detailed business and solution (Functional and non-functional) requirements as per the defined standards in the business and in technology.
- Validate documented requirements to ensure they match stakeholders understanding and obtain formal approval of the solution scope and the requirements to be implemented.
- Review current state processes and identify problem areas, control weaknesses and gaps.
Work with business owners to define business solutions
- Subsequent to analyzing and developing the requirements, evaluate and develop solution options for the business to select from.
- Research best practice options within and outside the Bank to take into consideration when debating and selecting desired business solutions.
- Conduct research, including facilitating workshops, to detail future state business process flows and work instructions.
- Use engagement and various other techniques to unpack and document business rules that govern processes.
- If required by the solution, define the business information model including data definitions.
- Perform gap analysis against existing processes to understand the impacts of proposed changes. Ensure that business owners are clear on the change impacts.
- Create recommendations for business owners on the solution alternatives.
- Participate in the development of the solution which includes data acquisition, data cleansing, model building, model validation, visualization and presentation of results
- Participate in the development of system specifications for projects that have a systems impact.
Support the delivery and implementation of changes
- Provide support and input into system testing activities including participating in and in need influence the development of the testing approach, development of test cases as well as the creation of testing scenarios.
- Coordinate or facilitate, or on occasion undertake user acceptance and pilot implementation testing of system changes as well as process changes. Provide detailed feedback on whether the developed solution meets the defined business requirements.
- Assist in the process of resolving post implementation issues during the support period as defined for the project. Collaborate with technology and solution partners to ensure that all solution (functional and non-functional) requirements are addressed during development and implementation.
- Participate in quality reviews and implement corrective measures to ensure that the solution still meets business requirements.
- Assist in the identification of risks and issues throughout the project life cycle and ensure that where it has an impact on the requirements definition or solution development, adequate mitigation measures are put in place.
- Review changes to the project scope and deliverables together with project managers and business owners. Provide advice on the impact to project timelines, solution scope and functional resource requirements.
- Provide inputs to teams in the supported business area on how to engage in continuous improvement thought processes.
- Participate in and in need drive the change management activities once the defined solution is at implementation stage.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Mathematical field (MSc preferred, BSc required)
- Coding Computer Programming
- Data Scientist has to be proficient in coding statistical models, text mining and machine learning models
- More than 5 years Analysis and Design experience
- Experience in gathering requirements from business users
- The ability to present findings to business is a critical skill of a data scientist
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- R / Python / SAS / Hadoop / Spark experience